Sunday, September 20, 2009

Crazy, busy week!

Doing 10 things I love about each of my boys seemed easier when I started. Not because I can't think of 10 great things about each of them, but because it's hard to find time to actually write it out. Thank goodness I type faster than I write! I was thinking tonight after a crazy bedtime, that when I'm done, I need to print out these 50 things I love about my boys and post little snippits here and there around my house to remind myself of how wonderful they are when they're driving me crazy! This is Paterick's busy season. So, more often than not, they're driving me crazy! LOL! He was gone 3 days last week, was home for 2 days and left again today and won't be home till Thursday. Likely LATE Thursday. About 2 out of 3 weeks right now are travel weeks for him.
Monday, Ammon crawled under our trampoline.......
and Isaac jumped on him (supposedly by accident, but I'm not holding my breath). Consequently, Ammon's head hit the ground underneath it. Well, it was the side of his head, right next to his eye that hit the ground, and it split open about 3/8". So, as happens frequently around here, we cleaned it up, taped it shut and hoped we didn't need a stitch or two. By Tuesday, he had a full-on black eye!
Then, of course, Friday, he was jumping off my bed (after repeated chastenings and being told not to to do it again) and Isaac was walking past my bed. Yep, Ammon's other eye hit Isaac's cheek and now Ammon has 2 black eyes! He looks like he's been beaten. Poor baby!




Wednesday, Isaac was sneaking into something in the kitchen cupboard while the rest of us were reading on the living room couch. I can't see the kitchen from the living room. I heard a bang, a cry, and then he came running in the living room with a big bonk on his chin where he had hit it agains the edge of the countertop. We then had a great lesson in the consequences of dishonesty, disobedience, etc. Logical consequences are the best teacher! It left a pretty nasty dark purple bruise about 1 1/2" long on his chin.



I'd blame it all on PMS, but it wasn't even me!

One of the best, or worst if you have a weak stomach, was Michael's awesome sneeze! Paterick yells at me to bring my camera, quick! So I run in there with my camera and take this:
A picture is worth a thousand words. And yes it's really snot!

Then he asks, "Can I eat it now?" And after Paterick and I fight the urge to toss our lunch and I took this picture.........

Notice the Smirk?

.......we made him go wipe his nose with the strict command, "DON'T EAT IT!" I always hoped I wouldn't have a booger-eater, but I do. YUCK! Any tips on how to break him of the habit? (FYI, he didn't eat it! Whew!)

To round out our week, we attended a Chorale concert last night. It was the Southern California Mormon Choir, and 2 local high schools. Michael and Noah LOVED it! WAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved being part of a choir. I've been feeling guilty lately that I haven't done more solos since high school. I realized during the concert last night, that while singing is fun, I never enjoyed singing more than I did when I was in a choir or even a small group. And for those of you who are local, if you EVER get the chance to listen to a choir from Palmdale High, DO IT! They were sensational! It was the PHS Chamber Choir and The Sunday Night Singers. They're performing Christmas Eve on KCET. I'll try to get more information. So now Michael and Noah have been inspired to explore music a little bit more and start working on a number or two for the Holidays. I'm so excited for my boys to discover the love of music that Paterick and I share!

3 comments:

  1. JD and I are looking at that wanting to toss our lunch too! That is the nastiest thing ever! Good to see you blogging! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously, no surprise coming from Michael, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snot picture is really gross...eww! I've been trying to get Kelley into old movie and musicals lately and it seems to be working. This fall I showed her the Secret Garden and then took her to the Shakespeare Festival version they were doing. It worked! She loved it. I've since showed her Sound of Music thanks to her love of "Do-Re-Mi" and now Kember is playing Maria in their high school version (that's crazy in and of itself!)

    ReplyDelete