So, I'm just a little bit frustrated today. I'm not going to go into great detail, so as not to single out or offend. BUT: What am I missing? Why do so many not understand such simple concepts as: value, longevity, security, savings, convenience, no risk? These are things that virtually everyone wants, but so many seem to be afraid of climbing outside of their box (ie comfort zone. At our house we call it a box) long enough to find these same things? Long enough to trust that they can be found? I feel like I'm normal, but I guess I am not. These are things that I share with people on a daily basis and it seems that some days, people just don't get it.
Maybe it's not that people don't understand those concepts, but more that they're afraid to claim those things for themselves. God loves us and wants us to be happy, yet we're afraid to reach for and ask for those blessings that God has in store for us. He wants to pour out blessings so great that we don't have room to take them all in, yet we hold out our thimble and say, "Thank you, this is enough for me." Not to suggest that we should be greedy, but really, if he wants to give it to us and we don't take it, it's our own dang fault, right?
Yah, the economy stinks, but you're only a victim of the economy if you choose to be. Do you not think that the trials you have been given, right now, are for your good? For your growth?
Has the economy affected my family? Heck yah! Does that determine my future? NO! A long, loud, resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So, there's my jumbled rant for today. Hopefully today will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment