Monday, September 14, 2009

Noah

10 things I love about Noah:
  1. He's honest - Just try to get him to lie. You'll know what I mean. While I often have to stress the importance of honesty and how much less trouble they'll be in when they tell the truth, I don't have to remind him. Honesty is just inherent in him.
  2. He's meticulous - His attention to detail is inspiring while at the same time infuriating. LOL It sometimes takes him FOREVER to get things done! But he makes sure he does his best job! I love that! I think the reason it frustrates me so much is because that slow-to-finish trait is something that I don't like about me. I hope I can help him put it to use and teach him to be patient with himself as I work to be more patient with both of us.
  3. He's thoughtful - He's quick to jump in and help when help is needed. And even better than that is his observance of what others need and his desire to fill that need.
  4. He's sensitive - See "He's thoughtful" LOL He's sensitive to what others need and VERY sensitive to correction because he works so hard to do what's right.
  5. He loves - A bigger heart you won't find anywhere.
  6. He's appreciative - I'm often interrupted with a big hug and a "Thanks Mom" when I don't even realize I've done something worth thanking. He's appreciative of the small things that most take for granted.
  7. He's got a quick wit - Always one to catch a play on words or a slip of the tongue, and ALWAYS gets the punchline of a joke before his brothers. He's even so creative as to make up a lot of his own jokes. And, unlike most 7-year-old jokes I've heard, they're actually funny!
  8. He's physically superb - Noah was blessed with a beautiful body! Great olive skin, big brown eyes and long eyelashes. Perfectly formed from head-to-toe. Not super-skinny, like some of our boys, LOL, but quite muscular and lean. He's the one dubbed by many as "the heartbreaker", "little Adonis", "the hottie" (I'll give credit to Amy Child for that one! She's been calling him a hottie since he was a baby!), or just "wow! He's beautiful!" He's "Practically perfect in every way!"
  9. He's genuine - He doesn't say mean things about other people and can tell you what he likes most about most people he knows.
  10. He's faithful - Knowing that next month he'll be 8 and will be baptized, he's trying hard to live the gospel principles he understands so that he will be ready to make that commitment. He has a cute little calendar that was a gift to him that counts down the months from his 7th birthday to his 8th birthday. Each month outlines a new thing to do to prepare for baptism. As he marks off the days he asks, "What are we working on this month Mom?" He's committed to live his life according to what he knows to be right and true.

Okay, so maybe an 11th thing I love about Noah. He has perfect pitch and loves to sing. A boy after my own heart! He's cute, funny, sweet, and a perfect compliment to his older brother and best friend. I love you Noah!

No comments:

Post a Comment