Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ummm.....Yah.....It's been a while! Here's the Caribben Chicken recipe I promised!

So, on my phone, I have this list of blog posts I want to write; it's been accumulating on there for months! I have decluttered, reorganized (with more of both still to do), revamped our chore/work system, weekly schedules, monthly, and seasonal to-do items, read a few books to help me out on my organizational and homeschooling journey, and guess what? I now have Tuesdays to myself...for the most part. So I'm going to start doing some blogging on Tuesdays. We'll see how that goes before I commit to anything else.

I keep posting stuff on Facebook that people want. Like, how Paterick and I have together lost 50+ lbs over the last year, some of the awesome recipes I've come accross, and of course my mom just wants to hear more about the kids. For today I'll just leave you with a YUMMY recipe called Caribbean Chicken. It's a family favorite and it's super healthy. Yes, I did just say "favorite" and "healthy" in the same sentence! I have to at least double the recipe to have any leftovers for lunch the next day! I LOVE when my kids beg for more healthy stuff! It makes me feel like my time in the kitchen (which is a LOT) is well-spent and appreciated.

Caribbean Chicken
2Tbsp. olive oil
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 c. coconut milk
1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 pinches ground cinnamon
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
2 Tbsp. curry powder
cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped, for garnish

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Add tomatoes, chicken, and sprinkle curry powder; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring until mixture has thickened and chicken is cooked through, 15-25 minutes. Add coconut milk and stir until well combined; cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.

We love to eat this as-is or over brown rice, like a stir-fry, plus a big green salad or fresh veggies. ALL 5 of my boys love this!

This recipe is from the book: Maximized Living: Nutrition Plans

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment