So, if you haven't heard yet via Facebook, we're expecting #6 mid-April. (Yes, I have a "due-date", but I don't believe in them, so Mid-April is all you get.) I used cloth diapers with Oliver and LOVED it! Yah, I know.....some people think I'm crazy. He has such sensitive skin that he had a very bad allergic reaction to sposies (disposable diapers) the first week of his life. Quarter sized, yellow, puss-filled blisters.....YUCK and OUCH! I'm glad I'd already decided on cloth for him and had a stash. It was out of concern for my own recovery and convenience in the first week that we even used the sposies. We got rid of them FAST! Needless to say, we're planning on doing cloth diapers again. I'll have to do another post another day (I know, I'm not the most consistent blogger) on all the benefits of cloth diapering.
Thirsties covers were my favorite covers! Since we bought all of the covers for Oliver, Thirsties came out with a new sizing system for their dipes and covers. Instead of four sizes (xs, s, m, l) they now have 2 multi-sized dipes/covers. Size 1 is adjustable and fits 6-18 lbs or 0-9 months and size 2 is adjustable to fit 18-40 lbs or 9-36 months. Much better than buying 4 different sizes! And much better than one-sized (OS) because they're never truly OS. They're either too big for the newbies or too small for the toddlers.
So, to the point of THIS blog post......Because we're so cash-strapped this time around and this babe is a surprse, I've sold all of the dipes and covers from Oliver. :( We have to start new, which is fun, but will cost some mulah. Much less than it would with disposables, but still.....$ is $ right? After a super generous mama on a mommy-forum decided to give away 3 of her dipes and I happened to be the grateful recipient, I decided to see how many free diapers I can get before this little one arrives. Hence, the Thirsties Duo giveaway! :) Blogging about the giveaway gives me 4 entries. lol If you're intersted in trying a free Thirsties Duo diaper, here's the link: Thirsties Duo Giveaway The Duo Diaper is actually an All-in-one - aka AIO - so the absorbant diaper and water-proof cover are sewn together. It's one-step diapering, much like a sposie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment